One of the best upgrades for any offroad vehicle is oversized offroad tires. They offer more traction and more ground clearance. The only issue is that until now, the Sprinter only allowed you to install a max tire size of 33" (275/70/17). Now, thanks for the tire ROM from Owl and Renntech, you can install up to a 35" tire without issue.
Why is the tuner needed? The Mercedes onboard computer (ECU) checks both the wheel speed and the GPS speed the van is traveling.
By installing a tire larger than a 275, your wheels will turn slower for a given speed (lower wheel RPM) which will therefore cause the computer to think there is a problem. The ECU will then disable Adaptive Cruise Control and Emergency Brake Assist.
The good news is that Renntech and Owl finally have a fix. By plugging in the Renntech Tire ROM to the OBD2 port on your van it will change the acceptable tire size inside the van's ECU allowing all systems to function as intended. You can then remove the ROM and you're done.
- Sprinter VS30 vans (2019-present)
- Tire ROM Hand Held Tuner for OBD2 (VIN Locked to a single vehicle)
- Max Tire Size 35"
- Fixed Adaptive Cruise Control and Emergency Brake Assist
- Installing larger tires may require trimming and relocating the mud flaps
- Tires Larger than a 33" tire will work on Owl Tire and Ladder Tire Carriers. You may need to trim or upgrade your Mercedes rear door emblem with a smaller diameter Owl Badge ($90 CAD)
- Does not correct speedometer
VIN MUST BE SUPPLIED BEFORE WE ARE ABLE TO START THE TUNING PROCESS. MODULES HAVE TO BE TUNED AT THE RENNTECH FACTORY SO PLEASE BE PATIENT. USUALLY ABOUT A WEEK FROM WHEN WE RECEIVE YOUR VIN (NOT THE ORDER).
* No returns on Renntech Tuners. Due to the nature of installing a tune, any return or refunds would be at the sole discretion of Renntech. Returns on tunes are only accepted in situations where there is a problem that is unable to be resolved.
Free Shipping in Canada