Add more storage and functionality to the rear of your Sprinter van with the Van Compass Rear Storage Trunk. For many van owners, the choice to relocate their vehicle's spare tire to a rear swing out on the bumper opens up an abundance of unused space underneath the rear of the vehicle. Take full advantage of the space where the factory spare tire was mounted by dropping in this fully sealed trunk. With a 300lb cargo rating, this trunk provides more cubic feet of storage in the vehicle which can be utilized for a number of scenarios:
- House auxiliary batteries out of the elements while allowing for easy service of electrical systems.
- Install an auxiliary diesel fired heater.
- Use as a shower pan.
- Fill with ice and use as a built in cooler.
- House heavy recovery gear and tools in the trunk.
- Mount water tanks and plumbing systems so they are out of the elements and are easily serviceable.
- The possibilities are endless!
- CUTTING OF A CROSSMEMBER REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION - SEE INSTRUCTIONS¬†
The factory spare tire must be relocated for this trunk to be installed. Cutting and drilling of the floor is required. If you feel comfortable cutting a hole in the roof of your van for a roof vent, then this trunk is a simple install. The Van Compass Rear Storage Trunk is made in USA from 3/16" thick 5052 Aluminum.
Mounting screws, edge trim, hinges and latch are included with the kit. The trunk features a 1" drainage hole along with a boat style T-handle drain plug. Installer will need to source their preferred sealant to seal the bottom of the trunk to the vehicle. See the instructions below for detailed photos and recommendations on sealant.
We will provide a shipping quote after order is placed.
CONTACT US FOR AN INSTALL QUOTE AT NIRVANA HQ
BC,AB $75 CAD QB,ON,SK,MB,NB,NS,NL,YT,NT,NU $110 CAD